Buying Property in Spain
At Villalux, our company ethos is customer service. We offer a friendly, reliable and professional service in which we guide buyers through the entire process from beginning to end. We won’t pressurise you into buying, and we’ll maintain our level of commitment to you once you’ve bought a property in Spain – once a client always a client!
Our commitment to you:
• We’ll monitor the progress of the purchase of your property for you
• We’ll keep you informed at every stage
• We’ll answer any questions you may have at any stage of the process
• We’ll liaise regularly with your legal representative
• We’ll accompany you to the Notary office for the signing of the title deed
• We’ll be there for you after completion
After sales service
Our comprehensive after sales service is very important to us. We know how hard it is to deal with the practicalities of setting up a new home in a foreign country where everything seems to be done differently from the systems we are used to.
If you’ve bought a holiday home then you may not be here in Spain for much of the year, and you will need a reliable source of advice and practical help. This is something we pride ourselves on and, over the years, we have dealt with all sorts of requests from clients weeks, months or even years after they have bought a property through us.
Our after sales service includes help with :
• Arranging a telephone connection (where possible)
• Arranging a broadband internet connection (where possible)
• Registration with the local town hall – “empadriamento”
• Assistance with the opening and operating of a bank account
• Assistance with the opening of a post office box if your house is located out of town
• Assistance with the transfer of the gas contract or arranging a new one
• Assistance in finding competitive house insurance
• Help finding reliable builders and tradesmen
• Anything else you can think of!
Mortgages in Spain
Mortgages in Spain are reasonably straight forward, non-residents are normally quoted a loan to value of 60% subject to status. The application involves providing proof of income and information of any other credit liabilities and the lender will then make a decision based on this information. Once the client has been approved for a mortgage in principle a valuation (tasación) of the property to be purchased is required, meaning an independent surveyor (tasador) visits the property to assess the value against the loan amount required. Once this is done and the property is deemed to be of sufficient value the lender will grant the mortgage. Usually at this stage the buyer then pays a 10% deposit which commits buyer and seller to proceeding.