Issues that need to be addressed relating to your electricity include the following:
- Do you have a legal electricity connection? – You must have a legal electricity connection or it will be disconnected.
- Where is your electricity meter? – If it is on the side of your house or within the boundary of your property then it might need to be moved before the contract can be transferred to the new owners when you sell your property.
- Do you have an ICP or limiter fitted to your fuse board? – Endesa is in the process of writing to all property owners requiring them to have an ICP to ensure that you only receive the amount of electricity that you actually pay for. Once the ICP has been fitted you might need to upgrade the amount of electricity you receive. If you do not comply with this requirement then Endesa will fine you. If you do not receive your electricity bills by post or you do not have a post office box in your local village then Endesa might already be fining you so beware.
- For older properties, is your electricity boletin less than 20 years old? – The boletin is a certificate of electrical installation for your property. If the boletin is more than 20 years old then you will need to have it renewed by a certified electrician prior to completion of the sale of your house.
Issues that need to be addressed relating to your water include the following:
- Do you have any issues regarding your water bills?
- Do you have any problems with your water supply?
- Do you need a new water supply – mains, well or water right?
Gas installations must be inspected every five years. The orange gas pipes must be replaced, any other necessary works carried out and then the new contract will be issued. If you do not have an up to date gas contract, this will affect your house insurance if there is a gas explosion or any other problem with the gas installation. The gas contract applies to your property not to you personally and it needs to be passed on to the new owners once the house is sold so it is important that it is kept up to date.